Two Zoom Tool Tips
1) Students Can't See Zoom Recordings in WISE?
Recordings accessed via the WISE Zoom Tool were marked as "unpublished" in a recent security upgrade.
Zoom updated the security features of their LMS integration and we only became aware of this after students and faculty reported missing Zoom recording links in their WISE sites.
If you share recordings via the Panopto interface, the above information does not apply, it only affects those sharing recordings via the Zoom Tool.
To allow students to view recordings, Publish them by doing the following:
Open your WISE Zoom tool and click the slider-switch in the "Publish" column. Blue means "Published" and light-grey means "Unpublished"
2) Create a meeting with custom settings in the Zoom Tool
Need special settings in a Zoom meeting but can't set them in the Zoom Tool?
You can create a Zoom meeting outside of WISE and then import it into the WISE Zoom Tool. This is especially handy if you plan to use pre-assigned breakout rooms.
1) Make your meeting via the standard Zoom Client interface with all desired settings
2) Copy the 11-digit Zoom Meeting code
3) Open the WISE Zoom Tool and in the upper-right corner, click the "..." button (next to the "Schedule a New Meeting" button) and then click Import Meeting
4) Paste the 11-digit Zoom Meeting code in the provided space and click "Import Meeting"